Terms of Services
Naija Community In Canada’s Terms of Service
Welcome to Naija Community In Canada! Here is a quick summary of the highlights of our Terms of Service:
The Naija Community In Canada offers a platform to ask questions and connect with other Nigerians living in Canada. This empowers people to learn from each other and to better understand life in Canada.
- You own the content that you post and you grant us and other users of the Naija Community In Canada platform certain rights and license to use it.
- You are responsible for the content that you post. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the rights needed for you to post that content and that your content does not violate the legal rights of another party or any applicable laws.
- You must attribute any content you repost from the site back to the Naija Community In Canada platform and respect the rights of the original poster, including any “not for reproduction” designation, and do not use automated tools.
- You are solely responsible for your own use of the Naija Community In Canada platform. We do not endorse any content or post.
We are pleased that you want to join the Naija Community In Canada platform and encourage you to read the full Terms of Service.
Naija Community In Canada Terms of Service
These terms of service (“Terms of Service”) set forth the agreement (“Agreement”) between you and Naija Community In Canada, Inc. (“Naija Community In Canada” “we” or “us”). It governs your use of the products and services we offer through our websites and applications (collectively the “Naija Community In Canada Platform”).
Please make sure to read it, because, by using the Naija Community In Canada Platform, you consent to these terms.
- The Mission of the Naija Community In Canada Platform
Naija Community In Canada’s mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge. The Naija Community In Canada Platform is a platform to ask questions and connect with other Nigerians living in Canada. This empowers people to learn from each other and to better understand life in Canada.
- Using the Naija Community In Canada Platform
- Who Can Use It. You represent that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you live or, if you are not, your parent or legal guardian must consent to these Terms of Service and affirm that they accept this Agreement on your behalf and bear responsibility for your use. If you are accepting these Terms of Service on behalf of someone else or an entity, you confirm that you have the legal authority to bind that person or entity to this Agreement.
- Acceptable Use Policy. In your interaction with others on the Naija Community In Canada Platform, you agree to adhere to the terms of service.
- Termination. You may close your account at any time by going to account settings and deactivating your account. We may terminate or suspend your Naija Community In Canada account if you violate any Naija Community In Canada policy or for any other reason.
- Changes to the Naija Community In Canada Platform. In order to ensure you have the best experience at all times, we may need to add or change features and may do so without notice to you.
- Feedback. We welcome your feedback and suggestions about how to improve the Naija Community In Canada Platform. Feel free to submit feedback at Naija Community In Canada.com/contact. By submitting feedback, you agree to grant us the right, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the feedback, in whole or part, freely and without compensation to you.
- Your Content
- Definition of Your Content. The Naija Community In Canada Platform enables you to add posts, texts, photos, videos, links, and other files and information about yourself to share with others. All material that you upload, publish or display to others via the Naija Community In Canada Platform will be referred to collectively as “Your Content.” You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the Naija Community In Canada Platform, Your Content may be viewed by the general public.
- Ownership. You, or your licensors, as applicable, retain ownership of the copyright and other intellectual property in Your Content, subject to the non-exclusive rights granted below.
- License and Permission to Use Your Content.
- By submitting, posting, or displaying Your Content on the Naija Community In Canada Platform, you grant Naija Community In Canada and its affiliated companies a nonexclusive, worldwide, royalty free, fully paid up, transferable, sublicensable (through multiple tiers), license to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, store, display and distribute, translate, communicate and make available to the public, and otherwise use Your Content in connection with the operation or use of the Naija Community In Canada Platform or the promotion, advertising or marketing of the Naija Community In Canada Platform or our business partners, in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed), including via means of automated distribution, such as through an application programming interface (also known as an “API”). You agree that this license includes the right for Naija Community In Canada to make Your Content available to other companies, organizations, business partners, or individuals who collaborate with Naija Community In Canada for the syndication, broadcast, communication and making available to the public, distribution or publication of Your Content on the Naija Community In Canada Platform or through other media or distribution methods. This license also includes the right for other users of the Naija Community In Canada Platform to use, copy, reproduce, adapt, modify, create derivative works from, publish, transmit, display, and distribute, translate, communicate and make available to the public Your Content, subject to our Terms of Service. Except as expressly provided in these Terms of Service, this license will not confer the right for you to use automated technology to copy or post questions and answers or to aggregate questions and answers for the purpose of making derivative works. If you do not wish to allow your answers to be translated by other users, you can globally opt out of translation in your profile settings or you can designate certain answers not for translation.
- Once you post an answer to a question, you may edit or delete your answer at any time from public display on https://www.Naija Community In Canada.com, except in the case of anonymously posted answers. However, we may not be able to control removal of the answer from display on syndicated channels or other previously distributed methods outside of https://www.Naija Community In Canada.com. Naija Community In Canada may remove suspected spam from your answers. The right for Naija Community In Canada to copy, display, transmit, publish, perform, distribute, store, modify, and otherwise use any question you post, and sublicense those rights to others, is perpetual and irrevocable, to the maximum extent permitted by law, except as otherwise specified in this Agreement.
- You acknowledge and agree that Naija Community In Canada may preserve Your Content and may also disclose Your Content and related information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process, applicable laws or government requests; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any of Your Content violates the rights of third parties; (d) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (e) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Naija Community In Canada, its users, or the public.
- You understand that we may modify, adapt, or create derivative works from Your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks, devices, service providers, and in various media. We also may remove or refuse to publish Your Content, in whole or part, at any time.
- You further give us the permission and authority to act as your nonexclusive agent to take enforcement action against any unauthorized use by third parties of any of Your Content outside of the Naija Community In Canada Platform or in violation of our Terms of Service.
- Your Responsibilities for Your Content. By posting Your Content on the Naija Community In Canada Platform, you represent and warrant to us that: i) you have the ownership rights, or you have obtained all necessary licenses or permissions to use Your Content and grant us the rights to use Your Content as provided for under this Agreement, and ii) that posting Your Content violates no intellectual property or personal right of others or any applicable law or regulation, including any laws or regulations requiring disclosure that you have been compensated for Your Content. You accept full responsibility for avoiding infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others or violation of laws and regulations in connection with Your Content. You are responsible for ensuring that Your Content does not violate Naija Community In Canada’s Acceptable Use Policy, Copyright Policy, Trademark Policy, other published Naija Community In Canada policy, or any applicable law or regulation. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed to any person by reason of Your Content.
- Our Content and Materials
- Definition of Our Content and Materials. All intellectual property in or related to the Naija Community In Canada Platform (specifically including, but not limited to our software, the Naija Community In Canada marks, the Naija Community In Canada logo, but excluding Your Content) is the property of Naija Community In Canada, Inc., or its subsidiaries and affiliates, or content posted by other Naija Community In Canada users licensed to us (collectively “Our Content and Materials”).
- Data. All data Naija Community In Canada collects (“Data”) about use of the Naija Community In Canada Platform by you or others is the property of Naija Community In Canada, Inc., its subsidiaries, and affiliates. For clarity, Data does not include Your Content and is separate from Our Content and Materials.
- Ownership. You acknowledge and agree that Our Content and Materials remain the property of Naija Community In Canada’s users or Naija Community In Canada. The content, information and services made available on the Naija Community In Canada Platform are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark, and other laws, and you acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable.
- Advertisements. The Naija Community In Canada Platform may include advertisements, which may be targeted to content or information on the Naija Community In Canada Platform, queries made through the Naija Community In Canada Platform, or other information, in an effort to make them relevant to you. The types and extent of advertising by Naija Community In Canada are subject to change. In consideration for Naija Community In Canada granting you access to and use of the Naija Community In Canada Platform, you agree that Naija Community In Canada and its third-party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Naija Community In Canada Platform. If you wish to become an advertiser, you will be required to enter into separate and supplemental terms with us about providing advertising services on the Naija Community In Canada Platform.
- Web resources and third-party services. The Naija Community In Canada Platform may also offer you the opportunity to visit links to other websites or to engage with third-party products or services. You assume all risk arising out of your use of such websites or resources.
- Reporting Violations of Your Intellectual Property Rights, Naija Community In Canada Policies, or Applicable Laws. We have a special process for reporting violations of your intellectual property rights or other violations of Naija Community In Canada policies or applicable laws.
We have no obligation to delete content that you personally may find objectionable or offensive. We endeavor to respond promptly to requests for content removal, consistent with our policies and applicable law.
- DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA ENTITIES TO YOU.
“NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA ENTITIES” MEANS NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA, INC., AND ANY SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RELATED COMPANIES, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND PARTNERS, AND THE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES OF EACH OF THEM. EACH PROVISION BELOW APPLIES TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
- WE ARE PROVIDING YOU THE NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA PLATFORM, ALONG WITH OUR CONTENT AND MATERIALS AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS, ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE SERVICE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR TRADE USAGE.
- NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA MAKES NO PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR: (i) CONTENT POSTED BY ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY; (ii) ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE, THIRD-PARTY PRODUCT, OR THIRD-PARTY SERVICE LISTED ON OR ACCESSIBLE TO YOU THROUGH THE NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA PLATFORM, INCLUDING AN INTEGRATED SERVICE PROVIDER OR PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTOR; (iii) THE QUALITY OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY YOU ENCOUNTER IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA PLATFORM; OR (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR CONTENT. NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (a) THE NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA PLATFORM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (b) THE NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (c) THE RESULTS OR INFORMATION THAT YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM THE USE OF THE NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA PLATFORM, A PROFESSIONAL CONTRIBUTOR, OR ANY OTHER USER WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (d) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED OR PURCHASED BY YOU THROUGH THE NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA PLATFORM WILL BE SATISFACTORY.
- YOU AGREE THAT TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA ENTITIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA ENTITIES SPECIFICALLY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR LOSS OF DATA (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA PLATFORM.
- YOUR SOLE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA PLATFORM IS TO STOP USING THE NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA PLATFORM.
- WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA’S MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT YOU SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH THE NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA PLATFORM OR THIS AGREEMENT IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID TO NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA IN CONNECTION WITH THE NAIJA COMMUNITY IN CANADA PLATFORM IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY.
You agree to release, indemnify, and defend Naija Community In Canada Entities from all third-party claims and costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or related to: i) your use of the Naija Community In Canada Platform, ii) Your Content, iii) your conduct or interactions with other users of the Naija Community In Canada Platform, or iv) your breach of any part of this Agreement. We will promptly notify you of any such claim and will provide you (at your expense) with reasonable assistance in defending the claim. You will allow us to participate in the defense and will not settle any such claim without our prior written consent. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you. In that event, you will have no further obligation to defend us in that matter.
- Dispute Resolution
This Agreement and any action arising out of your use of the Naija Community In Canada Platform will be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state or country of residence. Unless submitted to arbitration as set forth in the following paragraph, all claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with your use of the Naija Community In Canada Platform will be brought solely in Ontario, and you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum.
- General Terms
- Changes to these Terms of Service. We may amend this Agreement (including any policies that are incorporated into this Agreement) at any time, in our sole discretion. If we amend material terms to this Agreement, such amendment will be effective immediately it is published on our site.
- Applications and Mobile Devices. If you access the Naija Community In Canada Platform through a Naija Community In Canada application, you acknowledge that this Agreement is between you and Naija Community In Canada only, and not with another application service provider or application platform provider (such as Apple Inc. or Google Inc.), which may provide you the application subject to its own terms. To the extent you access the Naija Community In Canada Platform through a mobile device, your wireless carrier’s standard charges, data rates, and other fees may apply.
- Assignment. You may not assign or transfer this Agreement (or any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement) without our prior written consent; any attempted assignment or transfer without complying with the foregoing will be void. We may freely assign or transfer this Agreement. This Agreement inures to the benefit of and is binding upon the parties and their respective legal representatives, successors, and assigns.
- Electronic Communications. You consent to receive communications from us by email in accordance with this Agreement and applicable law. You acknowledge and agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically will satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Entire Agreement/ Severability. This Agreement supersedes all prior terms, agreements, discussions and writings regarding the Naija Community In Canada Platform and constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the Naija Community In Canada Platform (except as to services that require separate written agreement with us, in addition to this Agreement). If any provision in this Agreement is found to be unenforceable, then that provision will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions of the Agreement, which will remain in full force and effect.
- Relationship. This Agreement does not create a joint venture, agency, partnership, or other form of joint enterprise between you and us. Except as expressly provided herein, neither party has the right, power, or authority to create any obligation or duty, express or implied, on behalf of the other.
- Waiver. No waiver of any terms will be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term. Our failure to assert a right or provision under this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- Further Assurances. You agree to execute a hard copy of this Agreement and any other documents, and to take any actions at our expense that we may request to confirm and effect the intent of this Agreement and any of your rights or obligations under this Agreement.
- Contact. Feel free to contact us through Naija Community In Canada.com/contact with any questions about these terms.